Monday, December 9, 2013

This Autumn Just Now Past....


 Autumn is my favorite time of year, and I always do a blog post of the Fall leaves in my area - I'm a bit later getting them posted this year, due to blog difficulties, but here they are....
The Autumn blue sky is like nothing else
 in any other season, crystal clear and vibrant!

This tree always is the first to begin turning
colors in the neighborhood...








It was pointed out to me that my dog, MacDubh,
perfectly color coordinated with the fallen leaves...


Sometimes its just the little things,
 the fallen acorns on the ground in sprays of leaves
that bring magic...

This was taken a few weeks ago, and was literally
the last of the leaves hanging on -
most of them have fallen at this point.
Caught the last of the evening sun
 shining through them, nature's own
stained glass....

And saved the best for last....

It snowed the day before Thanksgiving here - given that this is
South Carolina, this is unheard of....
Found the last Autumn leaf, on my windshield. 


2 comments: