Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Return to Blogging: Changes...and Loss.

The last post on my blog, oh my god, was exactly a year and a day ago...March 15th, 2015. I had just dealt with my father having had a stroke, and then, after a gap and a return to blogging, we lost a beloved kitten we had adopted after only about a week with her.
I hit a wall. I couldn't post for the longest time, because it just brought up the loss of Fand, the kitten. And then, even as that began to ease, other things took over.
My dad developed dementia and I was doing what I could to help my mom and family and their church to care for him - and mom too.
And I have a lot to write about that.
But all that abruptly changed in January, on the 26th, forever.
My father passed away.
Marion
1928 - 2016
And that...is just...it's changed everything. I'm pretty lost without him. I don't have a road map for how to get through this. So, it's time to start blogging again. First of all, I never meant for the blog to ever languish as long as it has. But also, I guess I can think of no better way to begin to work my way through trying to remember him, honor him, and deal with losing him. So, we're over the first hurdle.
My dad died in January.
I've written those words out and said them.
If I can do that, then I can take the next step and the next.
One day at a time, one blog post at a time.
So, tomorrow night, I'll be right back here. For the next post. And somehow, I will figure out how and where to start to put it all back together again.
I don't know if anybody will read it or is still checking on an apparently innactive blog.
I would certainly apreciate thoughts and feed back from anybody who is.
 But if all I manage to do is begin to work out my own thoughts and heart and find my way back from this loss (and others), then, well, this is what this is here for.
So...see ya tomorrow night.
Good night, Dad.
I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment